E-conference on demands for Taxonomic Clearing System
Event Type: E-conference
Event Date: 2004-05-03
End Date: 2004-05-10
The Primary Objectives of the Taxonomy Clearing System are:
We need to discuss the criteria that will be used for prioritising requests for taxonomic support from within MARBEF. The purpose of this e-conference is to discuss the possible criteria – we want the process to be as transparent as possible.
- To facilitate integration between taxonomic and ecological communities within MARBEF.
- To provide an effective interface - helping to match supply and demand for taxonomy within MARBEF.
Contact email: email@example.com
1. Monday 3rd May - Open debate by circulating a document containing:
- A brief description of TCS and how we envisage that it will operate
- A list of the kinds of tasks that we might support via TCS
- A list of possible criteria by which applications to the TCS should be prioritised
We will then ask for feedback from MARBEF members - the potential users of
the system regarding:
- additional suggestions of tasks for TCS
- ranking the prioritisation criteria
- additional criteria.
2. Wednesday - We will provisionally summarise the responses received and request additional comments or suggestions.
3. Friday 7th midnight - closing deadline.
4. Week beginning Monday 10th May - We will summarise the responses and circulate Members with the final set of agreed criteria and tasks.
Collaborators and organisers:
Website url: http://www.marbef.org
Relevant costs that should be taken by MARBEF:
Possibility for day-care centres (facilities for children): No
MarBEF supported event: Yes
Event within Framework of MARBEF: WP2 - Taxonomic Clearing System
Maximum number of participants:
External participants (non MARBEF) allowed: Yes
Posted by Ward on 2004-04-21 and approved by Webmaster