|The EMBC is inviting people to participate in a workshop on the establishment of a doctoral school in 'Marine environmental sciences', held November 23rd in Ghent, Belgium
Since October 2008, the ERASMUS MUNDUS Master of Science in Marine Biodiversity and Conservation (EMBC) was started in six universities (Ghent, Bremen, Algarve, Paris VI, Klaipéda, Oviedo). The member institutes of MarBEF participate in this program by means of thesis support, summer schools, and so on.
EU is funding this Master program by providing each year about 20 scholarships for non-EU students to attend this master program.
From 2010-2011 onwards, some new possibilities are created by the EU :
In the last management board meeting of EMBC, it was decided that the EMBC consortium will organize a workshop inviting ALL possibly interested members (therefore the MarBEF institutes are addressed in this email) in order to prepare a proposal for a doctoral school in “Marine Environmental Sciences” (this is the working title).
- Also EUROPEAN students can benefit from the opportunity of getting a scholarship to attend an Erasmus Mundus Master Course.
- Implementation of doctoral schools and support for Ph.D. programs (in order to provide the master students possibilities for a further training at the Ph.D. level).
A one day workshop will be organized in Ghent University on 23 November 2009.
If possible, participants are supposed to arrive on Sunday evening and leave on Tuesday.
Provisional Agenda of the Workshop :
Details about the venue will be communicated later.
- Presentation of the EU call for ERASMUS MUNDUS doctoral programs
- Overview of doctoral schools/programs in “Marine Environmental Sciences” in the different European countries
- Discussion about the new proposal within the ERASMUS MUNDUS program : focus, organization, ….
- Appointment of the several tasks and responsibilities : coordinator, partnerships, …..
If you are interested to attend this workshop, please answer asap in reply to email@example.com, so that we can start organizing the practicalities of the event.
Each participant has to come with his/her own funding to the workshop. Support is given by the EMBC secretariat for the practical organization of the workshop and the preparation of an eventual EU-proposal.
Looking forward to welcome you in Ghent
Coordinator of EMBC